- Decreases morning sickness and acid reflux
- Increases energy and improves sleep
- Increases blood flow to the uterus, helping nourish the baby and making pregnancy more comfortable
- Boosts mother’s immune system
- Increases chances of delivering on time, without medications or labor induction.
- Assists in regulating hormones after the birth, decreasing emotional issues, facilitating milk production, and relieving post-partum fatigue
6 Benefits of Acupuncture During Pregnancy
Congratulations on your new addition! Having a baby can be a wonderful time, and I want your pregnancy to be comfortable and stress free. It is a time when you can truly connect with your baby. Unfortunately, for some women, pregnancy can be difficult. At PRH, I want to facilitate the best pregnancy possible. Acupuncture and Chinese herbs are a great tool to use during and after pregnancy. Commonly treated conditions in pregnancy include threatened miscarriage, nausea, vomiting, UTI’s, heartburn, constipation, fatigue, insomnia, and breech position. Acupuncture is also a safe and effective way to induce labor. Acupuncture promotes dilation of the cervix, stimulates uterine contractions, and speeds labor without causing any stress on the baby. Using this ancient medicine during the birthing process can reduce pain, fear, and anxiety. After the birth, Chinese Medicine can help with postpartum depression, low energy, and lactation issues. I will work alongside your midwife and doula to ensure a beautiful healthy birth. There are many benefits to using acupuncture and Chinese herbs throughout your pregnancy. Here are just a few: